It's Noah again.
I'm just writing a short post this time. We spent yesterday and this morning touring several attractions in Qufu related to Confucius. As it happens, Qufu is the home town of Confucius. I had to study Confucius when I took an East Asian History course at the University of Edinburgh. It is exciting to actually visit some of the places you studied. However, it should be noted that many of the buildings that we visited are by no means the original structures. The vast majority of the originals we torn down in the 60s during the Cultural Revolution. It's disappointing how little of the original buildings remain.
On another note, IT IS FREAKING HOT HERE! I have never experienced such hot weather in my life. The heat combined with the humidity is horrible. China is amazing. But, I am really looking forward to cooler weather.
Until next time.
Noah Gibbs
No comments:
Post a Comment