Thanks to Noah Gibbs and his VPN magic and I have access to google tonight so going to update as much as possible in case it doesn't happen again.
Yesterday we spent the day at the Shandong Aviation Training Center and Tsingtao airport and air traffic control.
Air Traffic Control was very interesting especially in comparing to US centers I have visited. We visited a low enroute, high enroute and control tower. We were told we could take pictures of anything that didn't have a map on it. Well that changed quickly after entering each center. When I asked about a chart that looked like hold patterns and a radar screen I was quickly told NO and Don't ask again. When another escort asked about a few things on the radar screen not only did he get the same NO but found himself being followed by two individuals for awhile. The big difference in US to China ATC centers is they're not fully integrated with weather and in a normal room not in darkened centers lie you see in the US. The tower was very fascinating as they were mostly watching computer screens than out the windows.
Tsingtao airport was interesting and visited customs, baggage handling and a turn around the ramp in one of the passenger busses as they load the aircraft from bus as there are only a few attached ramps.
Shandong Aviation Training Center was great as the cadets donned their blue training jumpsuits and we all went through full cabin emergency training including going down the emergency slide, how to open the door and get people out of the plane and if water ditching how to load the life raft and get away from the airplane. Hopefully I can get the pictures uploaded so you can see what's up over here.
No comments:
Post a Comment