Thursday, July 31, 2014

Dagao International Aviation School and Reuniting with the Chinese Cadets

Hello Everyone,

Since it is my first time posting on this blog, I will start with a brief intoduction of myself. My name is Noah Gibbs. If you have been keeping up with the blog you will know me as one of the CAP cadets traveling with Major Deeds. I have been a CAP cadet for a little over 6 years. I'm originally from Colorado. Now days I live in the United Kingdom. There I am a full time student at the University of Edinburgh where I currently study International Relations. However, I am in the middle of transferring to a degree in Astrophysics.

That's enough about me, lets talk about China. We are truly state guests here. It is obvious that the Shandong Aviation has invested a lot into ensuring that this exchange is a success. This is often most evident during mealtime. I don't think I have ever been so well fed in my life. Last night at dinner I sat next to a man named Harvey. He was one of our Chinese hosts while we were staying in Binzhou. He was in charge of ensuring that the IACE program in Binzhou ran smoothly. Whenever Harvey saw that my plate had some room on it he would dish more food onto it. I definitely overate.

Earlier that same day we were reunited with the Chinese Air Cadets what we met while we were in Qingdao. It was a short but happy meeting. They were the first Chinese cadets that we met on our trip. Something that in helped us create close bonds of friendship with them. The meeting took place at their school: the Dagao International Aviation School. When our bus pulled up they were all standing in formation in front of the school. All of them were dressed in a camouflage training uniform. We didn't actually get to speak to them again until after we had toured their school. They stood outside the school in formation throughout our entire tour. When we came back outside they performed a very impressive drill and martial arts routine. It was at that point that we were able to talk with them again. They showed us a machine that spun a person around in order to build body control and balance. Following our rides on the spinning machine the Chinese cadets attempted to teach us their martial arts routine. I didn't do very well. Whenever I messed up I was greeted by a chorus of Chinese cadets saying "Nooooaaaahhh!" After some time mingling with the cadets we said a happy goodbye and promised to keep in contact with each other by email.    

 I think that's enough blogging for now. I'll try to post as often as possible from here on out.

Noah Gibbs






 

No comments:

Post a Comment