Wednesday, July 9, 2014

First blog - 10 days to departure

Hello all.  Although I have posted on other family members blogs this is the first time I have created a blog so bear with me as we start this site. 

Just a bit of background.  I have been a member of the US Air Force Auxiliary Civil Air Patrol (CAP) long enough to have enjoyed many experiences as a mission pilot, ground team member, public affairs and operations officer and now selected as escort for IACE 2014 to China.  I applied and selected for Japan (since I had previously lived there and speak the language) but due to the China escort having issues IACE asked and I agreed to change to China which is when I was informed that this will be the first ever trip of IACE to China.

IACE is International Air Cadet Exchange program with over 30 countries participating.  I previously planned and assisted in hosting IACE visit to my first CAP Wing of Missouri a few years ago and decided I would like to participate on the exchange program and submitted my application in December of 2013.  I received my selection notice in February of this year and have been planning ever since.

For 2014 IACE is sending delegations to Israel, Hong Kong, Canada, UK, Belgium, Australia, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Turkey and China.

IACE is the most exclusive program in CAP and this year only 41 cadets and 12 senior/escorts selected to participate.  One cadet from my previous home squadron of Platte Valley Composite Squadron had applied.  Even with his exceptional background, rank, support and status he only made it as far as the waiting list and with only one cadet falling out of the original selectee's there wasn't much of a chance this year and I'm wishing him the best for next year.

The 2 cadets I will be traveling with are exceptional.  Not going to directly mention names at this time but will provide them access to this blog if they would like to post.  From Georgia is a C/Lt. Col and is vice chairman of the National Cadet Advisory Council and other from Colorado is C/Capt. and is attending college in England studying Astrophysics.  I will be traveling in very smart company!

Last item today is our travel schedule.  This was the first version and I'll update later. 

Thanks for reading and post more soon.

Major Kelly Deeds


2014IACE日程表(山东)

时间/Time
日程/Schedule
7.22星期二
Tuesday 22nd July 2014
代表们抵达中国青岛
Arrival of Foreign Delegates in Qingdao, China
欢迎晚餐
Welcome Reception
7.23星期三
Wednesday 23rd July 2014
中国民用航空青岛空中交通管理站参观
Visiting China Civil Aviation-Qingdao Air Traffic Management Station
青岛国际机场集团有限公司参观
Visiting Qingdao International Airport
山东航空股份有限公司培训部参观
Visiting the Training Department of Shandong Airlines
7.24星期四
Thursday 24th  July 2014
青岛小鱼山参观
Visiting Little Fish Hill
青岛五四广场参观
Visiting May 4th Square
青岛奥林匹克帆船中心参观
Visiting Qingdao Olympic Sailing Center
7.25星期五
Friday 25th July 2014
青岛迎宾馆参观
To visit Qingdao Guest House
青岛山炮台遗址参观
To visit Remains of Qingdao Hill Battery
青岛啤酒博物馆参观
To visit Qingdao Beer Museum
前往烟台开发区入住,海滨游玩
Depart Qingdao for Yantai to Check in, and visit the seaside
7.26星期六Saturday 26th July 2014
张裕国际葡萄酒城参观
To Visit Changyu International Wine City
蓬莱阁参观
Tour: Penglai Pavillion
入住蓬莱
Check in Penglai
7.27星期日Sunday 27th July 2014
前往滨州
Depart for Binzhou
下午休息
Rest in the Afternoon
7.28星期一Monday 28th July 2014
滨州学院飞行学院参观
Visiting Binzhou University Flying College
滨州实验学校参观
Visiting Binzhou Experimental School
滨州北镇中学参观
Visiting Binzhou Beizhen Middle School
7.29星期二Tuesday 29th  July 2014
山东滨奥飞机制造有限公司参观
To Visit Shandong Bin Ao Aircraft Industries Co., Ltd
山东大高国际航空学校参观并与学员互动
To Visit Shandong Dagao International Aviation School and Interact with Local Cadets
7.30星期三Wednesday 30th July 2014
孙子兵法城参观
To Visit the city of Sun Tzu's Art of War
魏氏庄园参观
To visit Wei’s Manor
7.31星期四
Thursday 31st July 2014
前往周村空军机场参观
Visit Zhoucun Air Force Base
山东太古飞机工程有限公司参观
Visit Taikoo (Shandong) Aircraft Engineering Co.,Ltd
入住济南
Check in Jinan
8.1星期五Friday 1st August 2014
趵突泉游览
Tour : Baotu Spring Park
大明湖游览
Tour: Daming Lake
前往曲阜入住 
Depart for Qufu and Check in
8.2星期六Saturday 2nd August 2014
三孔参观
To Visit Three Confucius Sites
前往泰安入住
Depart for Taian and Check in
8.3星期日Sunday 3rd August 2014
登泰山To Climb Mount Tai
前往莱芜入住Depart for Laiwu and Check in
8.4星期一Monday 4th August 2014
山东莱芜雪野航空产业园参观
Visit Laiwu Xueye Aviation Industry Park
莱芜一中参观并与学员互动
Visit Laiwu No.1 Middle School and Interact with cadets
下午返回青岛
Return to Qingdao in the afternoon
8.5星期二Tuesday 5th August 2014
青岛自由活动
Free Day in Qingdao
告别晚餐
Farewell Dinner
8.6星期三Wednesday 6th August 2014
代表们由青岛机场离开
Departure of Visiting Delegates through Qingdao Airport

 




1 comment: